As I was writing and testing recipes for the new Vol. 2 HCG Diet Gourmet Cookbook, I put a lot of thought into some of the less obvious ways to support lasting weight loss with the HCG Diet. This led me to the concept of stress and how it effects good health and weight loss. As more and more healthcare and HCG Diet professionals recognize that managing stress levels is very important for good health and better weight loss results with the HCG Diet.
The following are a few ways to manage stress as you move forward on your HCG Diet Journey:
- Take a walk; especially helpful if you can take it in nature or with a loved one.
- Do some form of exercise regularly.
- Eat healthy. On the HCG Phase, you will be limited but for good health and the rest of your life nutritious food can help your stress level and overall mood.
- Listen to your favorite music or find relaxing music to help calm yourself.
- Spend time meditating.
- Take a hot bath.
- For those of you who are spiritual, connect to the power within you.
- Laugh. Watch a funny movie or spend time with someone who makes you laugh. Laughter is an incredible stress reliever!
- Don’t dwell on the negative in your life. Think about how great you’ll look after you lose those unwanted pounds or fit in that great pair of shorts.
- Forgive people who have hurt you. Holding on to the hurt and anger affects you far more than it ever will them.
- Celebrate your successes. Treat yourself to a pedicure, take a sunny day ‘off’ to just relax, or read a good book. In fact getting just 10 minutes of sun a day is incredibly good for you and provides vitamin D
- Go dancing. Not only will you have a great time, but you’ll get in a little exercising too!
- If you’ve been wanting to reconnect with or find an artistic side of you, now is a great time to do that.
- Get together with supportive friends. Sometimes just having a listening ear and a reassuring hug from a real friend can make a huge difference.
- Let go of negative thoughts and emotions.
- Join an HCG Diet support group. If you are interested in a diet support group there are several I recommend. We also encourage you to Join the Conversation on Facebook
- Play like a child. Get out an old board game that you loved as a child and play away!
- Take an overnight escape to a city you love or one that you’ve always wanted to explore.
- Stay away from negative people. Even a short amount of time spent with negative people can bring you down. This is especially important on the HCG Diet. Don’t allow negative commentary to derail your HCG diet success.
- Have a generally positive outlook on life.
Everybody has stress in their life, whether good or bad, and when we deal with whatever challenges we face in a positive manner, we have a greater ability to create a healthier and happier life. Doing things to help us relax and manage stress can make a huge amount of difference in our attitude and the thoughts that go through our head.